Kent Business School is seeking to appoint a Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Digital Marketing to support the expansion of our Medway campus on a full time and on-going basis.
We are looking for a dedicated scholar who is keen to make a strong contribution to teaching, research and enterprise. You will lead the development of a new MSc in Digital Marketing and Analytics and contribute to our School’s successful student enterprise and business engagement activities. Apart from a successful teaching record, you will also have developed an original and productive research and scholarship agenda, demonstrating the ability or clear potential to publish in internationally-ranked, peer-reviewed journals.
We encourage applications from educators with experience in technology enabled learning and executive education.
As Senior Lecturer in Digital Marketing you will:
- to lead the development and approval of the new MSc in Digital Marketing and Analytics; as Senior Lecturer to provide academic leadership in this area.
- to engage in internationally excellent and/or world-leading research and scholarship, leading research, enterprise or consulting projects as well as other initiatives on behalf of the School; to generate income; and to contribute to the School’s overall strategy
- to contribute fully to the School and University by participating in meetings, working groups, committees and other School and University activities;
To be successful in this role you will have:
- specific knowledge and research reputation in the advertised subject area
- teaching experience in digital marketing and social media
- evidence of successful publication in relevant 3* or 4* rated journals
Kent Business School (KBS) is one of the UK’s top 30 business schools and has the ambition to grow in both calibre and size. We are entrepreneurial and international in outlook and view ourselves as a research-intensive business school that produces rigorous and applicable knowledge. We are committed to developing employable graduates and informing the practice of management for a sustainable future. The appointment of new and highly motivated staff has transformed the research culture within the School, attracting interest nationally and internationally.
Start date for applications: 5 April 2017
Closing date for applications: 21 May 2017
Interviews are to be held: 19 June 2017
Please see the links below to view the full job description and also to apply for this post. If you require further information regarding the application process please contact The Resourcing Team on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref number: SS1216.
Please note - applications must be made via the University’s online application system. You will be required to fill in the main details section of the application form as well as upload your CV and a cover letter. Your cover letter should clearly and explicitly address the requirements of the Person specification and you should provide clear evidence and examples in your application which back-up any assertions you make in relation to each criterion. We recommend a maximum of 4 x A4 sides for this document.
CVs or details sent directly to the department or via email cannot be considered.
If you are invited for an interview, we will request references for you at that stage.