The Department of Management (ACED) of the University of Antwerp (Belgium), in collaboration with WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management (Germany), is seeking a promising young scholar to fill the following full-time vacancy
PhD Scholarship in the field of Strategy and Organization
• Your PhD research will be supervised by Prof.dr. Christophe Boone and Prof.dr. Serden Ozcan.
• The PhD research will focus on Islamic banking and examine how corporate governance strategies, religious supervisory boards and top management teams shape strategies and performance of Islamic banks.
• The research involves field studies in core Islamic banking markets including Malaysia, UAE and Turkey and extensive cooperation with some of world’s largest Islamic banks.
• You contribute to research in the excellence center ACED (University of Antwerp) and the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Group (WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management).
• a PhD scholarship at the University of Antwerp for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for another two year period after positive evaluation;
• the scholarship starts at the latest in September/October 1st 2017;
• the main host institution will be the University of Antwerp, however, with extended research stays at WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management;
• a stimulating and exciting international work environment supported by the intensive collaboration between two high-quality research groups from Belgium and Germany;
• more information on the program of ACED and the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Group can be found on the following websites in the attachment.
How to apply?
• Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date April 15, 2017.
• More information about the application form can be obtained at firstname.lastname@example.org
• For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof.dr. Christophe Boone (Christophe.email@example.com ).
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label 'HR Excellence in research'.
Full information available clicking here
- You hold a master’s degree in Economics, Business Economics, or equivalent, or you obtain your degree before the end of September 2017.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality oriented, conscientious, creative, flexible and a team player.